The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
WTG Engineer Profile
As WTG Engineer, you will be a single point accountable to the WTG Installation Manager, for delegated aspects of mechanical or electrical construction and fit-out of Zophia’s wind turbines. The WTG engineer will work with the EPC contractor, and specialist wind turbine erection contractor to coordinate wind turbine receipt at the site, development of erection plans and procedures, wind turbine assembly and fit-out, and pre-commissioning. This person will manage any necessary interfaces with the EPC/specialist wind turbine erection contractor.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
WTG Engineer Job Duties:
- Support the WTG Installation Manager to manage and monitor specialist contractor performance and interfaces
- Check that all specialist contract deliverables are provided on time and as described in the scope of work
- Work with the specialist contractors to help resolve technical clashes and issues, keep the WTG Installation Manager appraised of technical issues
- Plan and manage interface issues between EPC contractor/specialist wind turbine erection contractor with, for example, roads utilisation, storage areas, etc.
- Expedite any interface issues with, for example, acceptance and performance testing, WTG component receipt, etc.
- Prepare weekly & monthly reports including events that have affected the construction schedule
- Responsible for the WTG project budget line item follow-up
- Responsible for delegated technical Quality assurance aspects for the entire WTG scope
- Provide technical input/review of specialist contractors method statements, procedures, risk assessments, and similar
- Role model safety standards with specialist wind turbine erection contractors
WTG Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in an engineering discipline – mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Five years + of experience in a similar role for wind industry projects or multidiscipline large component assembly
- Broad theoretical and practical knowledge of wind turbine technology
- Working knowledge of international standards /practices and/or working knowledge of applicable Ukrainian legislation
- Working language: English; Ukrainian/Russian/Chinese an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working
- A self-sufficient decision maker
- Ability to balance conflicting interests
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org