The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of the Zaporizhia region and will start construction of Zophia I and II in July 2021 representing 337.5 MW. Once built and operated, it will produce about 1.25 GWh of electricity, enough to power over 627,000 Ukrainian households. In the future, it can be a 788 MW high impact project with a load factor of +42%.
Emergy – Sustainable Stories, is a Norway-based company that develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in South-East Europe. Emergy has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and aims to have 2 GW of wind projects in operations by 2025. Currently, the company has two projects in operation or construction in Ukraine and several projects in development in several South-East European countries.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
WTG Engineer Profile
As WTG Engineer, you will be a single point accountable to the WTG Installation Manager, for delegated aspects of mechanical or electrical construction and fit-out of Zophia’s wind turbines. The WTG engineer will work with the EPC contractor, and specialist wind turbine erection contractor to coordinate wind turbine receipt at the site, development of erection plans and procedures, wind turbine assembly and fit-out, and pre-commissioning. This person will manage any necessary interfaces with the EPC/specialist wind turbine erection contractor.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
WTG Engineer Job Duties:
- Support the WTG Installation Manager to manage and monitor specialist contractor performance and interfaces
- Check that all specialist contract deliverables are provided on time and as described in the scope of work
- Work with the specialist contractors to help resolve technical clashes and issues, keep the WTG Installation Manager appraised of technical issues
- Plan and manage interface issues between EPC contractor/specialist wind turbine erection contractor with, for example, roads utilisation, storage areas, etc.
- Expedite any interface issues with, for example, acceptance and performance testing, WTG component receipt, etc.
- Prepare weekly & monthly reports including events that have affected the construction schedule
- Responsible for the WTG project budget line item follow-up
- Responsible for delegated technical Quality assurance aspects for the entire WTG scope
- Provide technical input/review of specialist contractors method statements, procedures, risk assessments, and similar
- Role model safety standards with specialist wind turbine erection contractors
WTG Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in an engineering discipline – mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Five years + of experience in a similar role for wind industry projects or multidiscipline large component assembly
- Broad theoretical and practical knowledge of wind turbine technology
- Working knowledge of international standards /practices and/or working knowledge of applicable Ukrainian legislation
- Working language: English; Ukrainian/Russian/Chinese an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working
- A self-sufficient decision maker
- Ability to balance conflicting interests
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
For further information about the job please contact Galina Zhugan via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com