The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Tax and Accounting Specialist Profile
As Tax and Accounting Specialist, you will be acting as key interface towards internal and external accounting departments and service provider(s).
This position is based in Kyiv, with expected regular travel to the Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine.
Tax and Accounting Specialist Job Duties:
- Must be well versed with the tax laws and their implications on goods and services in the Ukrainian legislature
- Keep complete track and overview of the VAT levied, paid and reimbursed on the EPC activities of the contractor and all other activities where tax is to be paid under the purview of the Zophia project
- Ensure that both internal and external accountant(s) have all the correct information about all Zophia Project-related costs and invoices
- Be focal for tax audits, both external and internal
- Prepare and review accounting statements, tax statements and all related information for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Prepare weekly and monthly records of costs accrued as per the value of work done in collaboration with the Project Services team and the Finance team
- Follow up with the contractor, tax authorities and other stakeholders to provide supporting documents for executing payments, their tax registration, VAT reimbursement applications, etc.
- Support optimizing the project’s tax liabilities
- Help support and execute all endeavours of accounting, payments, tax & finance-related tasks under the Finance Manager and the CFO of the Zophia Project
Tax and Accounting Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in tax accounting, preferably in a similar capacity on a large renewable, infrastructure project
- Higher degree in finance, tax accounting or other relevant fields
- Fully competent with MS Office Suite (including advance competence in Excel), and a good understanding of accounting software
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skill
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language is English while being proficient in the Ukrainian language is an advantage
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
For further information about the job please contact Galina Zhugan via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org