The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of the Zaporizhia region and will start construction of Zophia I and II in July 2021 representing 337.5 MW. Once built and operated, it will produce about 1.25 GWh of electricity, enough to power over 627,000 Ukrainian households. In the future, it can be a 788 MW high impact project with a load factor of +42%.
Emergy – Sustainable Stories, is a Norway-based company that develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in South-East Europe. Emergy has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and aims to have 2 GW of wind projects in operations by 2025. Currently, the company has two projects in operation or construction in Ukraine and several projects in development in several South-East European countries.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Tax and Accounting Specialist Profile
As Tax and Accounting Specialist, you will be acting as key interface towards internal and external accounting departments and service provider(s).
This position is based in Kyiv, with expected regular travel to the Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine.
Tax and Accounting Specialist Job Duties:
- Must be well versed with the tax laws and their implications on goods and services in the Ukrainian legislature
- Keep complete track and overview of the VAT levied, paid and reimbursed on the EPC activities of the contractor and all other activities where tax is to be paid under the purview of the Zophia project
- Ensure that both internal and external accountant(s) have all the correct information about all Zophia Project-related costs and invoices
- Be focal for tax audits, both external and internal
- Prepare and review accounting statements, tax statements and all related information for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Prepare weekly and monthly records of costs accrued as per the value of work done in collaboration with the Project Services team and the Finance team
- Follow up with the contractor, tax authorities and other stakeholders to provide supporting documents for executing payments, their tax registration, VAT reimbursement applications, etc.
- Support optimizing the project’s tax liabilities
- Help support and execute all endeavours of accounting, payments, tax & finance-related tasks under the Finance Manager and the CFO of the Zophia Project
Tax and Accounting Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in tax accounting, preferably in a similar capacity on a large renewable, infrastructure project
- Higher degree in finance, tax accounting or other relevant fields
- Fully competent with MS Office Suite (including advance competence in Excel), and a good understanding of accounting software
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skill
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language is English while being proficient in the Ukrainian language is an advantage
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
For further information about the job please contact Galina Zhugan via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com