The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of the Zaporizhia region and will start construction of Zophia I and II in July 2021 representing 337.5 MW. Once built and operated, it will produce about 1.25 GWh of electricity, enough to power over 627,000 Ukrainian households. In the future, it can be a 788 MW high impact project with a load factor of +42%.
Emergy – Sustainable Stories, is a Norway-based company that develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in South-East Europe. Emergy has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and aims to have 2 GW of wind projects in operations by 2025. Currently, the company has two projects in operation or construction in Ukraine and several projects in development in several South-East European countries.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Environmental Engineer Profile
As Environmental Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the HSSE&S Manager on the daily tasks to ensure timely provision of environmental work methods for the Zophia project, reports and surveys, as well as for coordinating of proper implementation and handling of relevant activities.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
Environmental Engineer Job Duties:
- Assistance in identification and management of the environmental impacts, risks, and opportunities of projects through project life cycle based on the local legislation and international standards
- Supporting EIA and ESIA processes and routines (field surveys arrangement, participation in public consultations, supportive documents preparation, assessment of local community needs, etc.)
- Oversee and continuously improve the environmental compliance of the Zophia project and the future operations both concerning Ukrainian legislation and Lender requirements
- Understand all lender and international requirements for environmental performance and facilities
- Use legal advice when required to understand Ukrainian environmental legislation
- Ensure Stakeholder engagement Plan implementation
- Participate in bi-weekly/monthly meetings with stakeholders and track the MoMs
- Collect, assess, and report E&S performance data and information
- Input during internal and external E&S site risk assessments, audits, inspections and ensuring corrective and preventive actions implementation
- Support the integration of environmental monitoring and mitigation plans
Environmental Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or other related field
- Environmental Engineer with demonstrable experience in a similar capacity on a large renewable, infrastructure project
- Fully competent with MS Office Suite
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Self-starter who is confident to take a lead and operate in an ambiguous environment
- Working language: English and Ukrainian
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
For further information about the job please contact Galina Zhugan via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org