The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Environmental Engineer Profile
As Environmental Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the HSSE&S Manager on the daily tasks to ensure timely provision of environmental work methods for the Zophia project, reports and surveys, as well as for coordinating of proper implementation and handling of relevant activities.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
Environmental Engineer Job Duties:
- Assistance in identification and management of the environmental impacts, risks, and opportunities of projects through project life cycle based on the local legislation and international standards
- Supporting EIA and ESIA processes and routines (field surveys arrangement, participation in public consultations, supportive documents preparation, assessment of local community needs, etc.)
- Oversee and continuously improve the environmental compliance of the Zophia project and the future operations both concerning Ukrainian legislation and Lender requirements
- Understand all lender and international requirements for environmental performance and facilities
- Use legal advice when required to understand Ukrainian environmental legislation
- Ensure Stakeholder engagement Plan implementation
- Participate in bi-weekly/monthly meetings with stakeholders and track the MoMs
- Collect, assess, and report E&S performance data and information
- Input during internal and external E&S site risk assessments, audits, inspections and ensuring corrective and preventive actions implementation
- Support the integration of environmental monitoring and mitigation plans
Environmental Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or other related field
- Environmental Engineer with demonstrable experience in a similar capacity on a large renewable, infrastructure project
- Fully competent with MS Office Suite
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Self-starter who is confident to take a lead and operate in an ambiguous environment
- Working language: English and Ukrainian
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com