The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of the Zaporizhia region and will start construction of Zophia I and II in July 2021 representing 337.5 MW. Once built and operated, it will produce about 1.25 GWh of electricity, enough to power over 627,000 Ukrainian households. In the future, it can be a 788 MW high impact project with a load factor of +42%.
Emergy – Sustainable Stories, is a Norway-based company that develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in South-East Europe. Emergy has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and aims to have 2 GW of wind projects in operations by 2025. Currently, the company has two projects in operation or construction in Ukraine and several projects in development in several South-East European countries.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Contracts and Procurement Specialist Profile
As Contracts and Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting each phase of contract development from researching the legal regulations to negotiating the terms and final documents. That may include providing support for drafting Contracts and Purchase Orders and developing processes and procedures. The Zophia Contract Specialist collaborates with a legal team or works independently to evaluate bids and draft documents.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, and/or at the main office which is located in Kyiv.
Contracts and Procurement Specialist Job Duties:
- Provide specialist C&P support to help negotiate and manage the development of major Zophia Project contracts such as EPC Contracts, Wind Turbine Generator Supply and the Warranty Maintenance and Service Contracts (FIDIC Yellow and Silver books respectively, or similar) as well as auxiliary contracts (Accounting, IT, Legal etc.) through to contract signing.
- Review and provide specialist C&P support for bid evaluations, and draft submission for the Zophia Tender Board
- Administer assigned contracts throughout the contract period and maintain overview those contracts in terms of progress and compliance with C&P procedures
- Support the whole Zophia Project Team with C&P matters and contracts, including Engineering, Construction, HSSE, QA, Cost, Planning, etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of Contracting and Procurement policy and processes for the Zophia
- Ensure all the Zophia Project Team are aware of C&P processes and procedures, and assist them with compliance
- Provide specialist C&P support to Zophia Project Team for significant issues such as management of disputes, claims, Contract Amendments, etc.
- Preparation of C&P reports for individual Zophia Projects
- Participation in management meetings, as required
- Participation in audits and reviews, as required
Contracts and Procurement Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- C&P professional with proven (5+ years) C&P experience with projects of similar size, nature and challenges
- Good knowledge of FIDIC contract formats and terms, and understanding of FIDIC principles
- Good understanding/experience of IFI processes, Lenders, Borrower, Liability, Company exposure, Loans, Guarantees, Employers’ Instructions, etc.
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Working language is English while being proficient in the Ukrainian language is an advantage
For further information about the job please contact Galina Zhugan via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com