The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Contracts and Procurement Specialist Profile
As Contracts and Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting each phase of contract development from researching the legal regulations to negotiating the terms and final documents. That may include providing support for drafting Contracts and Purchase Orders and developing processes and procedures. The Zophia Contract Specialist collaborates with a legal team or works independently to evaluate bids and draft documents.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, and/or at the main office which is located in Kyiv.
Contracts and Procurement Specialist Job Duties:
- Provide specialist C&P support to help negotiate and manage the development of major Zophia Project contracts such as EPC Contracts, Wind Turbine Generator Supply and the Warranty Maintenance and Service Contracts (FIDIC Yellow and Silver books respectively, or similar) as well as auxiliary contracts (Accounting, IT, Legal etc.) through to contract signing.
- Review and provide specialist C&P support for bid evaluations, and draft submission for the Zophia Tender Board
- Administer assigned contracts throughout the contract period and maintain overview those contracts in terms of progress and compliance with C&P procedures
- Support the whole Zophia Project Team with C&P matters and contracts, including Engineering, Construction, HSSE, QA, Cost, Planning, etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of Contracting and Procurement policy and processes for the Zophia
- Ensure all the Zophia Project Team are aware of C&P processes and procedures, and assist them with compliance
- Provide specialist C&P support to Zophia Project Team for significant issues such as management of disputes, claims, Contract Amendments, etc.
- Preparation of C&P reports for individual Zophia Projects
- Participation in management meetings, as required
- Participation in audits and reviews, as required
Contracts and Procurement Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
- C&P professional with proven (5+ years) C&P experience with projects of similar size, nature and challenges
- Good knowledge of FIDIC contract formats and terms, and understanding of FIDIC principles
- Good understanding/experience of IFI processes, Lenders, Borrower, Liability, Company exposure, Loans, Guarantees, Employers’ Instructions, etc.
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Working language is English while being proficient in the Ukrainian language is an advantage
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com