The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Civil Engineer Roads and Hardstands Profile
As Civil Engineer Roads and Hardstands, you will be responsible for coordinating road and hardstand construction on site according to the Zophia Project schedule, as well as contributing to the design and cost estimates documentation. There will be hardstands associated with each wind turbine, approximately 100km of access road and infield roads and industrial areas for fabrication/storage, etc.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
Civil Engineer Roads and Hardstands Job Duties:
- Monitor and control civil construction activities associated with roads and hardstands, performed by contractors at site on the daily basis
- Monitor work progress vs. schedules and act accordingly in case of delays
- Interact with Technical and Author Supervision representatives
- Coordinate, process and handle “Red Line Mark Up”s together with contractors
- Monitoring compliance with technological processes during construction
- Control of compliance of the work performed with design solution
- Verify As-Built documentation
- Verify the scope of work from subcontractors
- Verify materials and equipment from suppliers
- Supervise materials acceptance with contractors
- Participate in Permit to Works meetings with subsequent sign-off of PtWs
- Provide daily progress reports in coordination with contractors
- Accept work progress on the site
- Execute checks: of documents availability confirming quality characteristics of designs, products, materials and equipment, used during construction of an object – technical passport, certificate, lab tests results certificates etc.
- Ensure compliance of volumes and quality of performed construction erection works with design and cost estimates documentation
- Sign Acts of hidden works and Acts of completed works from subcontractors
- Keep the documentation on the site according to the instruction
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership by example
- Participate, contribute and provide leadership in toolbox talks, safety inductions and risk assessments
Civil Engineer Roads and Hardstands Skills and Qualifications:
- Formal qualification in engineering discipline
- 10 years’ experience in road and hardstand construction site supervision
- Full understanding of Ukrainian legislation related to road construction
- Experience with the topography, road building techniques and contractors of South Western Ukraine
- Experience of managing contractors and sub-contractors
- Motivated, highly organized individual
- Strong communication skills for working in a team setting
- Self-starter who is confident to take a lead and operate in an ambiguous and fast changing environment
- Happy to spend 75% of outside at site
- Working language: Ukrainian/Russian; English an advantage; Chinese an advantage
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org