The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Approvals Coordinator Profile
As Approvals Coordinator you will be responsible for proactively reviewing, coordinating, obtaining and following up with the contractor regarding all approvals (permits, licenses, notifications, etc.) necessary to allow timely construction to start, completion and operation of Zophia Wind Farm.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
Approvals Coordinator Job Duties:
- Define and obtain all approvals required (land, tariffs, commissioning, etc.) according to local regulations to allow timely construction and progress during project execution
- Define all approval processes independently and/or with Land and Approval Manager
- Establish good relationships with local authorities and follow-up with relevant individuals to ensure that necessary approvals are not held in a queue
- Proactively and long-term overview of approvals necessary for Contractor following the construction and the planned activities
- In cooperation with the Land and Approval Manager, assign duties to individuals within The Project and contractors to deliver these approvals
- Manage all approval documents in hard copy (wet signature) and electronic version
- Follow up the delivery of all approvals with the individuals assigned to deliver these approvals in collaboration with the Land and Approval Manager
- Report the approvals status weekly and monthly, while prioritizing the most critical ones
- Establish contact with all contractors on the subject of approvals and oversee that the process has been started early enough
- Navigate and understand construction regulations in Ukraine, be aware of all reforms and find ways to do the overly bureaucratic process in a more efficient manner
Approvals Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
- Approvals professional with proven (+10 years) experience with infrastructure projects of similar size, nature and challenges
- Good knowledge of local land and approvals procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian regulatory requirements and processes
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language: English and Ukrainian
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org