The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of the Zaporizhia region and will start construction of Zophia I and II in July 2021 representing 337.5 MW. Once built and operated, it will produce about 1.25 GWh of electricity, enough to power over 627,000 Ukrainian households. In the future, it can be a 788 MW high impact project with a load factor of +42%.
Emergy – Sustainable Stories, is a Norway-based company that develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in South-East Europe. Emergy has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and aims to have 2 GW of wind projects in operations by 2025. Currently, the company has two projects in operation or construction in Ukraine and several projects in development in several South-East European countries.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Approvals Coordinator Profile
As Approvals Coordinator you will be responsible for proactively reviewing, coordinating, obtaining and following up with the contractor regarding all approvals (permits, licenses, notifications, etc.) necessary to allow timely construction to start, completion and operation of Zophia Wind Farm.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
Approvals Coordinator Job Duties:
- Define and obtain all approvals required (land, tariffs, commissioning, etc.) according to local regulations to allow timely construction and progress during project execution
- Define all approval processes independently and/or with Land and Approval Manager
- Establish good relationships with local authorities and follow-up with relevant individuals to ensure that necessary approvals are not held in a queue
- Proactively and long-term overview of approvals necessary for Contractor following the construction and the planned activities
- In cooperation with the Land and Approval Manager, assign duties to individuals within The Project and contractors to deliver these approvals
- Manage all approval documents in hard copy (wet signature) and electronic version
- Follow up the delivery of all approvals with the individuals assigned to deliver these approvals in collaboration with the Land and Approval Manager
- Report the approvals status weekly and monthly, while prioritizing the most critical ones
- Establish contact with all contractors on the subject of approvals and oversee that the process has been started early enough
- Navigate and understand construction regulations in Ukraine, be aware of all reforms and find ways to do the overly bureaucratic process in a more efficient manner
Approvals Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
- Approvals professional with proven (+10 years) experience with infrastructure projects of similar size, nature and challenges
- Good knowledge of local land and approvals procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian regulatory requirements and processes
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language: English and Ukrainian
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
For further information about the job please contact Galina Zhugan via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com