The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Quality Control Lead Profile
As Quality Control Lead, you will be responsible for Technical Quality Control to compliance with Project processes and procedures from design through procurement, construction, installation, CSU to Operations and Maintenance phase.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
Quality Control Lead Job Duties:
- Provide QC support to Engineering & Quality Manager
- Support Engineering & Quality Manager to help ensure that relevant procedures/work instructions related to Quality Assurance and Control are in place for the Project
- Support Engineering & Quality Manager to carry out audits and reviews of Project fabrication/construction-related activities
- Provide timely advice and information to the Construction Manager on production issues
- Review, audit and monitor EPC Contractor and key Vendors/Suppliers QA/QC performance
- Manage technical supervisor
- Manage Quality Control/vendor quality inspections/site quality inspections – e.g. material certificates, foundation compaction tests, concrete cube tests, paint, electrical, etc.
- QA/QC activities:
- Pre-production meetings
- Inspections, FATs, site acceptance tests
- Third party inspections
- Manufacturing Data Books
- Set up and maintain ITPs – Company Hold and Witness Points
- Manage a team of Site inspectors
- Construction/precomm./comm. records
- Punchlists/completions/handover certificates
- System handovers – ensure that construction/pre-commissioning/commissioning quality records are compiled in accordance with Company and Ukrainian regulatory requirements
- Participation in audits and reviews, as required
- Provide timely advice to Engineering & Quality Manager and Construction Manager on QC matters
- Manage HSE/Quality within own area of responsibility, follow-up on HSE/HEMP and Quality action items
Quality Control Lead Skills and Qualifications:
- QA/QC engineer with proven (10+ years) experience with projects of similar size/challenges
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
- Working language is English while being proficient in the Ukrainian language is an advantage
- Candidates residing in Ukraine, having knowledge of the Ukrainian engineering practices and business functioning will be preferred
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com