The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Engineering Lead Profile
As Engineering Lead, you will support the project with overall technical aspects: fitness-for-purpose of technical scope and design, specifications, standards, meeting Zophia technical requirements from design through procurement, construction, installation, CSU to handover to Operations and Maintenance.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv.
Engineering Lead Job Duties:
- Provide Engineering support to the Engineering & Quality Manager
- Support Engineering & Quality Manager to help ensure that relevant procedures/work instructions related to Technical Assurance are in place for the Project
- Support Engineering & Quality Manager to carry out audits and reviews of Project design related activities
- Provide Technical Assurance through the Project Assurance Framework (technical part)
- Ensure Project Assurance Matrix (PAM) deliverables and reviews/events are being followed and evidence provided
- Ensure Technical Integrity
- Conduct technical reviews and assurance events at the appropriate time
- Manage and coordinate external consultants involved in design review
- Manage design review and interface between engineering team and contractor
- Review of Contractor(s) deliverables (set up Master Document Register (MDR))
- Ensure design documentation is received, distributed and reviewed by the correct person
- Manage comments and queries between engineering team and contractors
- Manage Technical Changes, Engineering Deviations, Technical Queries (TQs), etc., incl. maintaining registers and all back-up information to support
- Review of technical Enquiry documents and Purchase Orders (P.O.s)
- System handovers – ensure that design and technical documentation are compiled in accordance with Company and Ukrainian regulatory requirements
- Participation in audits and reviews, as required
- Provide timely advice to Engineering & Quality Manager and Construction Manager on technical matters
- Manage HSE/Quality within own area of responsibility, follow-up on HSE/HEMP and Quality action items
Engineering Lead Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering professional/lead with proven (10+ years) experience with projects of similar size/challenges
- Technical qualification to degree level and preferably professional qualifications
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language: English; Ukrainian/Russian/Chinese an advantage
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org