The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Engineering and Quality Manager Profile
As Engineering and Quality Manager, you will be responsible for overall technical aspects with support from Engineering Lead: fitness-for-purpose of technical scope and design, specifications, standards, meeting Zophia technical requirements from design through procurement, construction, installation, CSU to handover to Operations and Maintenance. You will also be responsible for Quality Management to compliance with Project and Corporate processes and procedures from design through procurement, construction, installation, CSU to Operations and Maintenance phase with support from the Quality Control Lead.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, with the main office located in Kyiv
Engineering and Quality Manager Job Duties:
- Ensure Contractor adherence to Technical scope and standards through ensuring and verifying that the document distribution and review, query and deviation processes and Technical Record keeping are set up and being followed by the relevant people
- Manage and guide engineering and quality team and coordinate activities (Eng. Lead, Quality lead, own contract for external consultants and technical supervisor)
- Develop and maintain Project and Company Quality Management Systems, Assurance Plans (including Audits/Reviews) and procedures
- Provide Assurance through the Project Assurance Framework (PAF). Be custodian of PAF, including verification and provision of evidence in Project Assurance Matrix (PAM)
- Verify Technical Integrity led by the Engineering Lead
- Verify that the Annual Quality Plan is being followed by the Quality Control Lead
- Carry out or participate in, and verify audits and reviews of internal functions and activities and those of the contractors
- Ensure O&M philosophies are defined and implemented
- Technical and Quality interface coordination with Contractor(s), external parties, Operations, etc.
- Manage Interfaces with CSU Team (future O&M Team) – to approve Performance Standards and meeting of PSs
- Manage Interfaces with O&M team to provide input to O&M philosophies, define handover documentation requirements, etc.
- Define system handovers together with the O&M team and set up the required systems
- Ensure sufficient Technical competencies/organization for engineering and quality reviews and activities
- Monitor and report of Quality performance including KPIs, Audit and review findings, NCRs, CARs, test failures, repair rates, etc.
- Manage Technical HSE – ALARP/HEMP process (Very High Risks and Extreme Severity Hazards from the Project HSE Risk Matrix, Performance Standards)
- Provide timely advice to Project Director and other ZPT members on technical matters or matters that might adversely affect quality assurance
- Manage HSE/Quality within own area of responsibility, follow-up on HSE/HEMP and Quality action items
Engineering and Quality Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering Manager and/or QA Lead/Manager with proven (10+ years) experience with projects of similar size/challenges
- Technical qualification to degree level and preferably professional qualifications
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language: English; Ukrainian/Russian/Chinese an advantage
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org