The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Cost Engineer Profile
As Cost Engineer, you will be responsible for all cost activities relating to the overall Zophia Project – collating and analysing all data into an integrated Zophia Project cost model.
This position is based in Zaporizhia region of southern Ukraine, and/or at the main office which is located in Kyiv.
Cost Engineer Job Duties:
- Development and maintenance of overall Zophia Project cost/budget/cashflow model including updates from EPC Contractor’s (and others’) costs and Zophia Project Team scopes (e.g. Project Management and Operations Readiness), in accordance with the agreed Project Calendar
- Responsible for quality of overall Zophia Project cost data needed for Zophia Project management decision-making, and ensuring the cost and VowD measurement procedures are aligned across the overall Zophia Project
- Responsible for setting up the Zophia Project WBS structure to ensure that the breakdown will give adequate control on the costs of the project to meet the financial, project management, shareholder and overall recording, reporting, forecasting needs
- Assessment of impact of any changes, in order to allow forecasting/trending of progress and costs, including contingency management
- Responsible for the development of overall Zophia Project cost risk analysis
- Review cost/budget/cashflow performance with Zophia Project Services Manager and Project Director
- Collate the Zophia Project cost/VoWD reporting, in line with Project Calendar
- Supply key deliverables for, and participate in, any overall Project cost reviews
- Ensure the EPC contract administration instructions are adhered to by the EPC Contractor to provide required quality in their reports, VOWD and costs, including reporting requirements and cost procedures
- Review of EPC Contractor budgets/VoWD/progress/cost reporting/tracking of Payment Milestones
- Assess the cost impact of EPC Contractor deviations/dispensations/changes/Variations
- Monitor the status of the equipment and material delivery to site to verify EPC Contractor and vendor VoWD statements
- Participation in audits and reviews, as required
- Manage HSE/Quality within own area of responsibility, follow-up of HSE/HEMP and Quality action items
Cost Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Cost/Project Accountant with proven (15+ years) experience with projects of similar size/challenges
- Working experience in former-FSU/CIS countries is an advantage
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language: English; Ukrainian/Russian/Chinese an advantage
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at email@example.com
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org