The Zophia Wind Farm is a combination of green energy, community well-being, and environmental protection. It is located in the southern part of Ukraine in the Yakimivka District of Zaporizhia region and it comprises three Zophia wind farms: Zophia I (42.5MW), Zophia II (300MW), Zophia III (450MW), with an overall planned capacity of 792 MW. Once built and operational, it will produce enough to power over 340,000 households and will contribute to a saving of 2 million tons of CO2 emissions.
Development, construction, and operation of the wind farm will be done according to internationally recognized technical, environmental and social standards. Due to its size, it will become a flagship project in Ukraine.
NBT AS, a Norway-based company which develops, operates and owns large-scale wind farms in emerging economies, is the owner of the windfarms. NBT AS has ambitious goals when it comes to renewable power, and takes pride in developing concepts to assist local communities in the area where they operate to effectuate projects that benefits the area.
- Challenging and interesting tasks with good development opportunities in a dynamic business environment within the renewables industry
- Working environment with entrepreneurial and experienced colleagues
- A small and dynamic business environment where you will be able to influence the development of the company
- Room to create and try out new ideas and ways of working
- Competitive terms
Cost Controller Profile
As Cost Controller, you will be acting as key interface towards internal and external accounting departments and service provider(s). The Cost Controller is, besides others, responsible for timely and adequate processing of invoices and to provide timely and adequate cost reports for the project.
This position is based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Cost Controller Job Duties:
- Ensure that both internal and external accountant(s) have all the correct information about all Zophia Project related costs and invoices
- Make sure that contractor invoices are in line with various payment schedules and that finance-related invoices such as financial interests are well calculated
- Prepare cashflow and actuals overviews in close dialogue with external accounting service provider
- Be responsible for ensuring timely payment of all types of interest and other obligatory payments under the Facility Agreements and other Agreements of the Zophia Project
- Manage and expedite the flow of all invoices for the project and ensure that the invoice flow is managed adequately for the operation team expenditure
- Prepare weekly and monthly cost (actuals) reports
- Maintain the records of Foreign Exchange and prepare a currency forecast
- Identify and highlight payment issues in due time and make proposals for resolving those
- Run and drive the VAT payment and VAT reimbursement process
- Consultation of project stakeholders on all issues within the responsibility area
Cost Controller Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and finance
- Higher degree in finance or accounting is a must
- Relevant experience may compensate for the lack of relevant education
- Motivated individual with good communication skills for team working, yet self-sufficient
- Working language: English; Ukrainian/Russian/Chinese an advantage
- Ability to work with diverse cultures
For further information about the job please contact Magdalena Peczek via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application in English by way of CV (and also preferably some references) to: email@example.com